11.16.2009

mclaren mp4/13 -03

I glued all the floor parts and sanded the joint. I also sanded the injection marks.
The different parts of the nose were also glued and sanded.
I made a template of the copckit interior walls.
And decalled them with carbon fiber decals.
Finally I glued the 2 parts of the copckit. When the glue dried, I sanded the joint with 400, 800, 1000 and 1500 sandpaper.
I painted the body parts with 2 layers of grey primer. I let them dry two days, sanded them carefully and painted one layer of white primer, I sanded them again and painted a final layer of white primer.
I sanded the second white layer again and airbrushed a first layer of mclaren orange from zero paints.
The body parts are painted. I'll wait some more days to let the paint dry, I will sand them again and I will paint two final coats of orange.


Today I will start working on the engine.

No comments: