F2007- 06

After some tedious masking job, I painted the black parts of the body. Now it's time to start the work with CF decals on the suspension arms....


F2007 -05

And finally the clear red is airbrushed. Now I'll wait some days and then I'll sand the surface and start masking to paint the black parts.


F2007- 04

I glued all the little wings and mirrors to the body.

As the F2007 will be curbside I also glued the cowling to the cockpit. Doing in that way, there will be no different shades of colors.

All parts are painted with primer.

There have been too much discusions on how to paint the late f2007. I will use a mixture of titanium gold + clear red over it...

It's curious to see a ferrari in gold.... but I must admit that I like it! in a few days I'll airbrush the clear red.


F2007 -03

After some months I worked on the F2007 again...The fujimi kit has the lower part of the copckit in one single piece and I cut it to separate the nose part.

Both parts of the nose cone where glued and I drilled the hole in the front but I didn't like the result I had....
So I filled the hole with epoxi and sanded hardly until I get a smooth surface.

Then I started the work on the body. I glued all the parts, filled the gaps, sanded and now they are ready to paint.


Don't ask me why, but I lost the upper part of the rear wing....
As I couldn't find a spare one, I took the upper part of the mp4/13 rear wing. I sanded it to obtain a similar shape.

Finally I cut it and painted with white primer and TS-85

Not the best one, but I'm happy with the result.
I used a string guitar to build the antennas.
And glued them on their place and also glued some bolts on the body.

The last stage, I airbrushed three coats of TS-13. I masked the parts where I wanted to keep the matt black.

The car is near to be finished! Only I need to attach the wheels. so I'll post some pictures of the finished car soon!


F60 -05

The decals are on their place.

I glued the sidepods, the camera on the top and the mirrors. Some PE bolts and rivets were also glued on the body. I will wait some days and I'll airbrush the clear coat.

new tool and models

We have new kids on town! The first one is a new airbrush. It's an iwata revolution (0,5mm needle). It's time to retire my old ABS300!

Tamiya's M23 in 1/20! (and some tobacco decals.....) this has been the holy grail for the modelers during many years, as it was really difficult to find.
This is a reedition of the original, but I'm happy I will be able to build it!
And finally, the tamiya's lotus 79 martini livery. I also bought the rebaque livery decals to use with the other lotus 79 I bought some months ago. Maybe they will be the next cars I will build......

F60 -04

I'm back! I'm sorry I didn't post any update in the last months but after a year working on the mclaren I was a bit tired of modeling and I needed to take a break! I tried to use some CF decals on the floor and on the suspension arms but I was not happy with the results and finally I decided to build the car "out of the box" without many details added.
I glued the copckit parts and also the front suspension arms and the front brakes.

In the kit there are some kevlar decals to use on some aerodynamic parts. These decals are nice but too glossy in my opinion.

So I airbrushed a very thin layer of flat black to tone down the shining of the kevlar.

As I told before, I tried to use some CF decals but they didn't worked as I wanted (maybe they were too old...), so I decided to try the method to paint flat black through a mesh over the semigloss black.

I know it's not 100% accurated but I'm happy with the result.

Finally I glued the copckit to the floor and also worked on the engine (without detailing it as it won't be seen due the car will be curbside).

It's time to start decaling!