10.10.2009

mclaren mp4/13 -01

This is my next project: the mclaren mp4/13 (test version).

I will build it as detailed as I can, and I will use the tamiya's mclaren kit, the superdetail set from topstudio and the logo and carbon fiber decals from scalemotorsport.
The tamiya kit is really great and I will use the japanese version, It has a different front & rear wing configuration.
The decals from scalemotorsport are great as usual, and I will paint the car using the zero paints' orange colour that I bought from hiroboy. I want to build the driver's helmet, and I will use the helmets from el oso kits and the studio 27's decals from bestbalsakits.
The superdetail set from topstudio is just incredible and it worth every cent.
You can find there lots of resin and metal machined pieces to improve the brakes, the engine and the suspensions system.
They also add a bunch of wires with different diameters.
The photoetched parts are presented in three sheets.
The instructions set is very complete and clear. I downloaded it from their site and printed in a4.
And finally I printed some reference pictures that I found from different sites in the net wich will be very usefull to build the car.


Now, I only have to start to work on it.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Gosh!
I'm here to sign for this class too :P
Wow!
I was hoping that you would choose the Williams Honda from 1986 for your next project but, but it is ok, I will be here to learn more.
Thanks to share your buildings.

Guilherme Rosa

Coolekido - Rick de Lange said...

I will follow you up!