9.27.2013

sauber C30- 03


I just finished working with seatbelts. First I glued the photoetched pieces and used a piece of guitar string as a pin. Once glued, I sanded the excess with my dremmel tool. Finally I trimmed some strips of medical tape, painted them with tamiya's Park Green and used them as seatbelt clothes.
I have already painted three coats of clear TS-13 on the body parts and I hope to start the decalling job soon.
Meanwhile I began the tedious job of applying decals of carbon fiber on the cameras, steering wheel and suspension arms.





3 comments:

Motorsport Modeller said...

Very nice and great idea with guitar string...

James said...

Hi Josep, great work on the Sauber so far! I'm building the same kit at the moment myself, and I was wondering where you got the seatbelt buckles from? Are they special Sauber C30 ones, or just generic? Thanks!

f120 said...

Hi James,
the seatbelt buckles are not from any specific set (although there is a C31 PE set -from studio 27?- that could maybe be useful).
I usually use the PE buckels from a KA set, but this time I used ones from an old spare scale motorsport set I had because they seemed similar to the original car.
Hope I answered your question!
Good luck on the build of your Sauber!